mysteries unfold themselves

T minus 30 days and counting. Well, counting, preparing to get this house completely empty, working and having last beers and chats with friends.

Next week friday we're having a farewell-party in Holland (well, after some discussion during lunch I might just better call it The Netherlands) and I'm reflecting on that with mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong. I like parties, hell yeah, but I do prefer parties where someone else is the center of attention. As there are some dead-nice people around me who have decided to organize this event, all I can do at the moment is undergo what will inevitably happen. 

And ... unfolding mysteries, a phrase from a brilliant song by Sting (A thousand years). I've been annoying people around me (well, bout everyone within hearing distance) for the last month while continuously talking bout this girl I've met on our joint participation on the P2V-training. We stayed in touch, and a coffee break in Hasselt turned the world upside down. We're together - in love - and ... both going to Ouagadougou. I could write endlessly on how she makes me feel, on how unsuspected this wonder came into my life, but this time, I'll just shut up, smile and enjoy thinking of her, of us ...

1 comment:

  1. It was somewhat of a surpise to be informed about the realation on Facebook. I consider it a prevelidge to have been present on the first encounter. Great for you two to go to Africa together. I am sure you will have a good time, it can be decisive for the rest of your life. Good Luck!
    To be the center of the attention is not for me aswell, but if you go to Africa, you better get used to it. Your farewell parties will not be the last time.

    ReplyDelete