moving day 1

Moving day 1 today. About 20 boxes and alot of furniture ready to be stored with friends. Have been thinking on how useless it is to keep stuff while one's away for 2 years.

But close to my heart; this house is already empty. On newyear's eve it was time to move the piano and guitars to Belgium, and yesterday it was Meis who left the building. The big red furry monster who laid down on her back in the living room as soon as I came home, waiting to be petted. Almost seven years we've spent together, she moved with me to Holland, and now ... there was nothing jumping on the bed this morning to make me get up and there's no-one crawling round my legs when I make my first coffee in the morning. I should feel relieved to know she's fine and well taken care of. But still ...

On practical issues, I've received a letter from the embassy that my new passport is ready. Yay! I've got my medical checkup (final result still to be received but should be ok) and work-wise I'll be able to finish this month writing a nice business case for a client and working together with another client on a project plan. Yay again!

Next update is going to be on the 'galaxies in my head'-mystery-topic. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment