things ... and stuff that matters

After a couple of days of frenzy not-knowing where to begin it seems that the start of the puzzle has been solved. Doctor, dentist and medical clearance appointments have been planned in, my new passport should be on its way and helping hands to get my house cleared came flying in. I should admit though that for this last one I announced a couple of times that my supply of Belgian beer needed to be exterminated. Last but not least action for this week, I've turned in my resignation letter at work.

Together with these plans, it's also time to face reality that I'm leaving behind a lot of people I care for. First of all my father, we've spent so much time together since my mom died suddenly in 2009, making up time we've lost years before. I'll miss the talks with my sister, and smart-mouthing my brother. I'll miss my grandparents and knowing that since they are aging, there is a chance we will not be able to see each other again. And I'll miss gatherings with uncles and aunties, nephews and nieces. I took it all into account before deciding to go with VSO, but this is the part I don't look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations mate, you did it !!
    Hope this new life-page will bring you all happiness, serenity and mind-peace you deserve.

    we'll keep in touch and we have to schedule a beer in Ouagadougou.

    Cheers !!! :)
    Florian

    PS:If you don't know what to do with all your Belgium beer stuff, I personally have an idea, bring it to Paris :)

    ReplyDelete