connected

To start with Daidalos, the consultancy company I have been working for since 2006. On Monday we had our yearly strategy meeting. Not only is it uncommon for people who have resigned to attend these meetings, it's even more uncommon for such person to receive a time slot. In this case, one to explain what I'm about to do, and the partnership we've agreed on. It feels really nice that people you've worked with over almost the last 5 years are willing to support this project. A handout of my presentation and some information of the partnership can be found here.

Secondly, I've had a meeting with the VNG - International. As I'm going to work for the Association of Municipalities of Burkina Faso, and knowing that there is a partnership between VNG - International and a number of countries in West-Africa, it was an excellent opportunity to speak to people who know a lot on the topic of LGA's (Local Government Associations). We've decided to keep in touch to see if we can work together during my placement.

And last but not least, last weekend I've had a coffee break with a volunteer I've met on the P2V training. It looks like we're heading towards 'same place, same time' in Burkina Faso. Which, seen the length of our coffee break, will be joy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris,

    good for you, go explore, dream and discover. And bring your camera, right? I wish you all the best of luck and may your skills be appriciate in Burkina Faso!
    We have not spoke in quite a while but I respect this great adventure of yours and I have no doubt this will be a journey to remember!

    Cheers Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kris,

    It will be fun following your adventures in 'Opper Volta';-)
    I've very much enjoyed the talks we had on your big adventure at VSO and I will certainly miss those conversations when you are abroad.
    All the best, get back in one piece and we'll keep in touch!

    Bon voyage,
    Peet

    ReplyDelete