decision making

'A roller-coaster' was the term I used to describe events of the last days to a friend. 2 major steps taken.

First of all, on some unsuspected morning, I received a proposal for placement from VSO. The same day I would have my first talk with my placement advisor. 'assessment of a proposal' is an interesting process: description of the proposed functions and responsibilities, combined with factual information on the country, security and cultural issues, which aspects to consider, risks and opportunities. I'm still undecided about the proposal, but have learned that the aspect of having one of more specific appointed counterparts is quite crucial to me. More information and a final decision on this proposal to come ...

Secondly, I've had a chat with the directors of the consultancy company I work for. Talking on what I'm about to start and the story towards this decision. The response was quite nice. It might even be possible to transform our collaboration towards some-sort-of-partnership for those 24 months I'll be working in development!

No comments:

Post a Comment