Homeless ...

While the rain is pouring down and I'm enjoying a coffee - rum in Banfora, the title of this post is what came to my head. Homeless. Not that the house VSO arranged for me in Ouagadougou doesn't exist anymore. Maybe I should change the title to 'homefull'. For the last number of months I've been home everywhere, and switching places constantly. Ouaga, Dano, Hounde, Banfora, ... While working my ass to get the civil services thing up-n-running and yes, it DOES work, I've spent week after week in different locations. With my XT600 as a contstant buddy, getting me everywhere I needed to be. And everywhere I landed, it was great to land. Everywhere I departed, it was great, because I was heading towards somewhere.

So now is week number 0. Have just finished up in Banfora and Beregadougou. Delivered. Last week in Dano, and tomorrow an update in Hounde. Happy to see that the result is more than expected. We're reaching out to more than 150.000 citizens who can now rely on a civil service. After all, this is what I came for.
Next week I'm heading back to Europe for a 3 week holiday. I've been there 3 weeks ago - which seems again like ages - since my grandmum died and I took a week off to attend the funeral.

But this time I'm going back to relax. And I do hope the rain stays in Burkina Faso and doesn't travel with me. It's much more appreciated here.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment